by: Victoria Collier and Ronnie Cummins, Truthout | Op-Ed
|A protester with the Occupy movement is |
led away by law enforcement after interrupting
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie at a campaign
event for former Massachusetts Governor
(Photo: Eric Thayer / The New York Times)
- Corporate personhood and the legal determination that money equals speech.
- Corporate campaign financing and lobbying; billions to buy our elected representatives.
- Corporate restriction of candidate access to the media and to participation in vital debates.
- Corporate media exit polling, which often alters results to manufacture a false "red shift" of rightward-moving electoral outcomes.
- Manipulation of electoral structures and mechanisms
- Partisan redistricting, which re-draws electoral district maps that favor a particular party.
- Voter ID laws that disenfranchise young, poor and minority voters.
- Fraudulent purging of voter rolls, including "caging" - removing a voter from the rolls or discarding their vote based on the return of direct mail to their listed address, a practice found to be used fraudulently and with racial bias, making it illegal under the Voting Rights Act.
- Disenfranchisement of felons, many poor, black or Hispanic, and convicted on drug offenses.
- The centralized rigging of computerized voting machines.
Computerized Vote Rigging Is a Democratic Cancer
Hand-Counted Paper Ballots NOW!
- Detailing the criminal histories and the partisan and extremist ties of the voting machine manufacturers
- Demonstrating how the machines can be rigged and hacked
- Exposing Department of Justice (DOJ) coverups of election fraud evidence
- Exposing the roll of the corporate media in aiding and abetting election fraud
We want our damn democracy back.
Occupy Voting Booths
WI Citizens for Election Protection